Senior Support Worker / Shift Leader – Corby
Senior Support Worker / Shift Leader
A chance to be part of a new team providing a caring home to vulnerable children, helping them achieve a positive future.
As a Shift Leader you will:
- Organise and participate in appropriate activities, play and recreation for the young people.
- Work with and manage difficult behaviour, enabling young people to develop from needing external control, to exercising self-control.
- Be responsible for planning, organising and leading others during the course of your working day.
- Ensure that the team provides the highest quality care and therapeutic support to the young people in the home.
- Be a centre worker for young people, developing and modifying agreed individual Care/Placement Plans in consultation with other appropriate agencies and professionals.
- Maintain effective administration records including reports, reviews, court reports, records of appointments, case review dates, discharge plans etc.
You will be joining a small but growing company where everyone matters and everybody is involved. They are looking for candidates who are passionate about progressing their children’s residential social care career and offer great training opportunities.
The home that you will be working in is a large detached house with big, airy rooms and this organisation is committed to achieving Ofsted “Outstanding” across all of it’s homes.
Candidates are required to have the following experience and qualification:
- Experience of working in a home with children who have suffered abuse and have social, emotional, behavioural difficulties
- QCF Level 3 Diploma – Residential Childcare or NVQ Level 3 – Caring for Children and Young People or equivalent
- Hold a full, manual driving licence
Please attach your CV and email Lisa today to apply for this role.