Deputy Home Manager | Residential home for children with emotional behavioural difficulties
This is a fantastic chance to join a close knit team which is supported by a highly committed Registered Manager.
As a Deputy Home Manager you will be responsible for everything involved in managing a children’s home, whilst also directly working with the young people in your care. You will support the Registered Manager in driving forward a high-quality provision that provides great experiences and outcomes for both young people and staff, while meeting and exceeding the Children’s Homes Regulations.
As a Deputy Home Manager your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Be a role model to the Residential Support Workers, working directly with children who have complex needs due to experiencing adverse trauma.
- Shadow and observe the Residential Support Workers to support and develop them in their direct work with the young people
- Undertake the role of Key worker for identified children/young people, being responsible for writing, implementing and reviewing their individual placement plans.
- Organise, manage and take part in the staff rota which will include working 2 sleep ins per week
- Take an active part in the recruitment and induction of new staff members.
- Have one day a week to do your administration work and work with the Registered Manager
- Act up as the Manager in absence of the Registered Manager
- Provide support and assistance to the Registered Manager in particular ensuring the relevant legal, child protection and company policies, procedures and guidance are adhered to.
- Be accountable and assist in all aspects of the running of the home including human resources, staff supervision and development, staff rota’s, budget, maintenance, good housekeeping and to maintain the physical environment of the home.
- Advise staff members on the policies, procedures and guidance which reflect the aims and objectives of the home and to develop and maintain systems for monitoring progress towards outcomes and business objectives.
- To implement the company guidelines on health and Safety, Fire Safety Procedures and Food Hygiene.
The successful Deputy Home Manager will have the following qualification and experience:
- At least one year’s experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an OFSTED regulated children’s residential service.
- Experience of supervising Support Workers within a residential care service.
- A Level 3 or 4 Diploma in Residential Care or NVQ3 Working with Children and Young People
You will be joining an organisation which is committed to staff stability and offers an excellent training programme.
They are eager for people to join them who have strong aspirations in progressing in their children’s social care career.