Deputy Manager – Children’s Home
This exciting role is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new team opening a new children’s home.
The home that you will be working in provides long-term residential care for 3 to 4 children aged 12 to 17 who have challenging behaviours as result of significant abuse and negative earlier experiences. Working effectively as a team providing therapeutic care, with the support of the organisation’s therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals, you will help the children regain their confidence and realise their full potential as young adults.
Your main duties and responsibilities as a children’s home Deputy Manager will be:
- Be responsible for delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home, and all day to day management matters.
- Demonstrate practical leadership in childcare, organise, support and supervise staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person.
- Participate in the rota which will include doing sleep ins.
- Contribute to and implement care plans, participate in reviews and other meetings as required.
- Promote working in partnership with parents, carers, social workers and other professionals.
- Provide support to the Registered Manager and cover in their absence and annual leave.
- Provide the young people with emotional and social support, enabling their self-esteem to be raised in a positive manner.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- 3 years minimum residential childcare experience
- Experience of supervising staff in a children’s home
- An NVQ level 3 in Children & Young Peoples Workforce or Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Full driving licence
£27,000 to £30,000 dependent upon experience plus £60 per sleep in