This vital role is a fabulous Deputy Manager opportunity in an Ofsted rated “Good” children’s home.
Offering commitment from one of the U.K.’s largest independent provider’s of residential childcare, you and your team will provide high quality therapeutic childcare to help children and young people learn to deal with their past trauma and prepare for the future.
The home that you will be working in provides long-term residential care for 3 to 4 children aged 12 to 17 who have challenging behaviours as result of significant abuse and negative earlier experiences. Working effectively as a team providing therapeutic care, with the support of the organisation’s therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals, you will help the children regain their confidence and realise their full potential as young adults.
Your role and responsibilities as a Deputy Manager will include:
- In conjunction with the Registered Manager, be responsible for delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home, and all day-to-day management matters.
- Deliver childcare that is focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child and young person within the home.
- Provide practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person.
- Be personally available to support the emotional and physical well-being of the children.
- Supervise and mentor staff and organise work patterns.
- Participate in the rota and work an average of 2 sleep ins per month.
- Contribute to and implement care plans, participate in reviews and other meetings.
- Provide support to the Registered Manager and cover in their absence and annual leave as required
- Promote working in partnership with parents, carers, social workers and other professionals
Essential candidate requirements:
- 3 years minimum residential childcare experience
- Experience of supervising staff in a children’s home
- A NVQ level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People or Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Full driving licence