A close knit, superbly managed team in a beautiful children’s home in Milton Keynes is currently looking for a new Deputy Manager to join them.
As the Deputy Manager of this home, which provides long-term therapeutic care for vulnerable children, you will work closely with the Registered Manager and team of Care Practitioners to continuously progress the support and positive outcomes of the young people in care.
Your professional development and career progression will be supported by the home’s extremely experienced Registered Manager for you to attain further skills and knowledge, the Diploma Level 5 in Residential Childcare Management and become a Registered Manager yourself when ready.
Your main duties and responsibilities as a Deputy Manager will be:
- In conjunction with the Registered Manager, be responsible for delivery of all care services, as well as the strategic planning for developments within the home, and all day to day management matters.
- Take part in recruiting and on-boarding new staff when vacancies arise.
- Deliver childcare that is focussed on obtaining the best outcomes for each child and young person within the home.
- Provide practical leadership in childcare, as well as organise and support staff to provide the best possible care for each child and young person.
- Be personally available to support the emotional and physical well-being of the children.
- Supervise and mentor staff, ensure ongoing staff development and organise work patterns.
- Contribute to and implement care plans, participate in reviews and other meetings.
- Provide support to the Registered Manager and cover in their absence and when on annual leave as required.
- Promote working in partnership with parents, carers, social workers and other professionals.
- Provide support and assistance in ensuring the relevant legal, child protection and company policies, procedures and guidance are adhered to.
- Be accountable and assist in all aspects of the running of the home including budget, maintenance, good housekeeping and maintaining the physical environment of the home.
- Advise staff members on the policies, procedures and guidance which reflect the aims and objectives of the home and to develop and maintain systems for monitoring progress towards outcomes and business objectives.
- To implement the company guidelines on health and Safety, Fire Safety Procedures and Food Hygiene.
- Work on average one sleep in per week and one 9am to 5pm office day with the manager per week
- Extensive staff perks such as shopping discounts, wellness programmes and free counselling sessions
- Attractive training programmes including managerial development courses
- Funding and support to attain the Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management of Residential Childcare
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years’ recent experience of working as either a Deputy Manager, Team Leader or Senior Support Worker in an OFSTED regulated home for children with emotional behavioural difficulties
- A Level 3 Diploma in Residential Care or NVQ3 in Caring for Children and Young People
- Full driving licence
- Excellent working knowledge of the Children’s Homes’ Quality Standards and OFSTED regulations for children’s homes