Children’s residential care Regional Manager role involving overseeing 2 homes for children with emotional behavourial difficulties and developing 2 new ones in the area of West Sussex.
The homes provide dynamic and forward-thinking therapeutic approaches in line with each child’s needs. As the Regional Manager, you will play an instrumental part in leading the managers and their teams to provide high quality therapeutic care to ensure positive outcomes. You and your residential services will be supported by the organisation’s therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals to help the children deal with their past adverse, traumatic experiences and achieve their full potential as young adults.
As a Regional Manager your main role and responsibilities will be:
- Actively promoting and ensuring that children’s individual needs are met within each home/service.
- Providing professional leadership, guidance and supervision to Registered Managers
- Providing support and coaching in childcare practice within the homes for all residential support staff
- Assist the Registered Managers in effectively marketing their homes to local authorities to receive appropriate referrals
- Working with the Directors to ensure that opportunities to improve occupancy are identified to maximise the number of young people supported.
- Establishing positive and productive professional relationships with the organisation’s internal supporting departments; Education, Clinical Specialists, HR and the Quality Team.
- Ensuring that the regional budget is managed effectively.
- Taking the lead role in all Regulatory Inspections supporting the homes and managers as necessary.
- Maintaining and improving relationships with the registering authorities and local commissioners.
Essential candidate requirements:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Residential Childcare / Health and Social Care and Children and Young Peoples Services or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing multiple OFSTED regulated children’s homes
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Ofsted inspections and expectations
- Car driver
Salary and benefits:
- £50,000 – £55,000 salary
- £3,600 car allowance
- Up to 30% of salary in performance related bonuses
- Generous pension
- Extensive staff perks such as shopping discounts, wellness programmes and free counselling sessions
Full job description available.