An exciting chance to join a growing children’s residential services provider which is committed to providing stability for its staff team and the children in their care.
They have a large 3 bedded home near Northampton which is set in beautiful grounds, that provides long-term care for children aged 8 to 17 years who have experienced trauma and have emotional behavioural difficulties as a result. The home is in current need of an experienced Registered Manager to lead by example and inspire a residential staff team, with the support of the Deputy Manager.
As a Registered Manager your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To take total responsibility for the management of the care and therapy within the home and provide an optimum caring and therapeutic environment for the children / young people.
- Deal with all referrals and admissions, making sure that each child has a key worker.
- Positively liaise with the families of the children and other professionals, ensuring they are involved where necessary.
- Direct the care of each child, carrying out reviews, providing reports and representing the children’s best interests at all times.
- Being responsible for the expenditure and budget of the home.
- Recruit staff, making sure they are trained and attaining qualifications according to the company’s and Ofsted’s standards.
- Implementing delegation and promoting teamwork and communication to create a staff team which feels valued and empowered.
- Provide regular supervision and support staff to achieve their personal development plans.
- Work with your line manager and senior colleagues to ensure that the home is constantly being improved and developed to achieve excellent Ofsted outcomes.
Essential Candidate requirements:
- A minimum of two years’ experience of managing an Ofsted regulated children’s residential service.
- A Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare / Children and Young People’s Services or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
- Salary of up to £40,000.
- Bonus payable according to the home’s and your professional performance of up to £2,500 per year.
- On call payments of up to £1000 per year.
This organisation has an excellent induction scheme. They also provide great further training opportunities, both internally and externally, which are tailored to your interests and developmental goals. You will be supported by an extremely experienced and approachable Operations Director, along with the support network of other Registered Managers in their homes in Northamptonshire.