This is an exciting Registered Manager opportunity with an award-winning social care provider. Within this position you will bring your enthusiasm and people skills to lead a whole staff team in providing exceptional care and support and creating and delivering positive outcomes for the children and young people in your service. You will also support the Head of Care in driving forward high-quality experiences and outcomes for your staff, while meeting and exceeding the Children’s Homes Regulations.
Your main duties and responsibilities as a Registered Manager will be:
- Ensuring that the home meets the children’s home regulations and the Ofsted Quality standards and that as the manager you ensure a high level of compliance against these standards.
- Providing staff with inductions, supervision, appraisals and ensure that their ongoing training needs are met.
- Carrying out risk assessments and ensuring their implementation.
- Ensuring that the home is well maintained, clean and homely.
- Ensuring the children and young people have regular and meaningful activities, participate in their local communities and experience positive outcomes.
- Making sure the children and young people have up to date support plans and that all staff are aware of and follow them.
- Maintaining health and safety measures and implementing an ongoing improvement plan.
- Taking part in audits, reviews and Ofsted inspections.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- You will need to have recent experience of managing staff within a children’s home.
- It is essential that you have a good understanding of the Ofsted regulatory framework relevant to the provision of residential services for children and young people, as well as a working knowledge of the Children Act 1989, amended 2004.
- You must hold a Diploma level 3 in Residential Childcare and/or Diploma Level 5 Leadership and Management of Residential Childcare.
- It is essential that you have a full, manual driving licence with the use of your own car.
You will be joining a community spirited organisation which has an extremely supportive senior management team. The home has an adjoining specialist school. The facilities in the home and the education building are all excellent and state of the art.
You will also benefit from:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising with service to a maximum of 7.6 weeks
- Excellent training both at induction and throughout your career
- Generous pension scheme