This is a fantastic chance to join a smoothly running team in an Ofsted rated Outstanding children’s home in Bedfordshire. You will be joining a highly reputable service which provides holistic care and education within a therapeutic environment, for children who have suffered trauma.
As a Registered Manager, you will support a skilled and compassionate staff team in providing first class care to 3 children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Each child has a bespoke package of care within their long-term, residential placement and your service will be strongly supported by the organisation’s specialist school and clinical team.
Your main duties and responsibilities as a Registered Manager will be:
- Ensuring that each young person has a voice, a care plan which reflects their needs and has a key-worker assigned to them.
- Carrying out the role of Safeguarding Lead.
- Delivering care according to Ofsted’s quality standards.
- Creating a nurturing and homely environment.
- Giving members of your team regular supervision, supporting them in achieving personal and professional development and ensuring that they receive training.
- Managing the home’s budget and staffing requirements.
- Contributing to the organisation by being part of management group meetings, projects and operational plans.
You will be supported by:
- Extensively experienced senior managers
- Bespoke packages of therapeutic care for each child provided by multi-professionals
- Tailored education provided by an in-house school
- An extensive training package for you and your team which includes both internal and external training
- A caring organisation which highly values its staff. They give staff recognition awards, and are continuously involved in staff engagement and celebrations through a wide spread community engagement policy.
The successful candidate will have:
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years as Registered Manager within a residential service for children with emotional, behavioural difficulties.
- A Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management of Residential Childcare.
- A full driving licence.