This Registered Manager role is based in a beautiful home in Corby, Northamptonshire where 3 children receive long-term, therapeutic care. This organisation prides itself on providing individually tailored plans for all of the children in their care. They are an excellent company to work for in terms of staff training, nurturing and enabling, to equip you with a first-class team of Support Workers, Team Leaders and Deputy Manager.
The successful Registered Manager will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Take total responsibility for the management of the care and therapy within the home to provide an optimum caring and therapeutic environment for children with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- Deal with all referrals and admissions, making sure that each child has a key worker.
- Positively liaise with the families of the children and other professionals, ensuring they are involved where necessary.
- Direct the care of each child, carrying out reviews, providing reports and representing the children’s best interests at all times.
- Being totally responsible for the expenditure and budget of the home.
- Working with the company to recruit staff, make sure they are trained and attaining qualifications according to the company’s and Ofsted’s standards.
- Implementing delegation and promoting teamwork and communication to create a staff team which feels valued and empowered.
- Provide regular supervision and support staff to achieve their personal development plans.
- Work with your line manager and senior colleagues to ensure that the home is constantly being improved and developed to achieve excellent Ofsted outcomes.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of managing an Ofsted regulated children’s residential service.
- A Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare / Children and Young People’s Services or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
Salary of up to £40,000.
Bonus payable according to the home’s and your professional performance of up to £2,500 per year.
On call payments of up to £1000 per year.