Registered Manager opportunity with a residential service in Peterborough to support children, who have complex behavioural, emotional, and social difficulties.
This is a great opportunity for a Deputy Manager who is looking for the next step up into a Registered Manager role. It is also an excellent position for an existing Registered Manager wanting to further their career as this organisation has many networks and projects which provide fantastic career progression opportunities.
As a Registered Manager of the children’s residential service your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To provide effective leadership, governance and management of the whole service.
- To secure, sustain and promote the reputation of the home.
- To ensure the delivery of high-quality holistic care and to create a caring environment conducive to individual needs of each child.
- Ensuring that the home meets the children’s home regulations and the Ofsted Quality standards and that as the manager you ensure a high level of compliance against these standards.
- Providing staff with inductions, supervision, appraisals and ensure that their ongoing training needs are met.
- Carrying out risk assessments and ensuring their implementation.
- Ensuring that the home is well maintained, clean and homely.
- Ensuring the children and young people have regular and meaningful activities, participate in their local communities and experience positive outcomes.
- Making sure the children and young people have up to date support plans and that all staff are aware of and follow them.
- Maintaining health and safety measures and implementing an ongoing improvement plan
- Taking part in audits, reviews and Ofsted inspections.
You will be supported by an experienced and extremely approachable Head of Operations along with a great support network of other Registered Managers of homes in this area.
This organisation is passionate about positive outcomes for children and young people and empowering them to achieve. They are looking forward to having a new Registered Manager join them in one of their homes and be part of and contribute to the Whole Management group through involvement in meetings, contribution to wider projects and collection and sharing of views that supports the development of operational plans.
The successful Registered Manager will have the following essential attributes:
- An NVQ or Diploma level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce / Residential Childcare.
- An NVQ level 5 in Leadership and Management of Residential Childcare or be working towards it.
- Recent experience of supervising staff within a residential home for children with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
- An excellent working knowledge of Ofsted Regulations.
- A full, manual driving licence.
- A passion and commitment to improving the life opportunities for disadvantaged children who have experienced trauma.