A fantastic chance to join a child focussed organisation which is passionate about helping the vulnerable young people in their care. This exciting and varied role involves supporting young people with complex, traumatic backgrounds to regain their self-confidence, enabling them to have a better future. You will work long day shifts and sleep ins in a spacious home which is beautifully decorated and furnished.
- Working as part of a team to provide therapeutic support to children and young people who have emotional behavioural difficulties which present with challenging behaviours.
- Creating a caring, safe, fun and enriching environment for the young people, establishing positive relationships with them to promote their sense of security.
- Being a strong advocate, listening to their views and providing counsel.
- Encouraging the children to be healthy, take part in education and activities and promote their independence.
- Looking after the house keeping it clean and tidy, taking part in preparing and cooking meals.
- Writing up reports regularly and punctually.
- Experience of working with children/young people with complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Resilience and strength to be able to continually respond appropriately to a wide range of emotions and behaviours from traumatised young people
- Sensitive and compassionate. Energetic and naturally positive.
- Able to work long day (16 hour) shifts. You will work on average 40 daytime hours two sleep ins per week on a rota basis.
- Car driver
Salary and benefits
- £24,400 to £25,500 per year inclusive of sleep ins
- Excellent, week long induction and ongoing training in therapeutic childcare
- Funding and support to attain a Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Staff recognition awards
- Genuine career development opportunities through to senior and managerial levels as this organisation develops its services in Buckinghamshire and the surrounding counties