One of England’s leading children’s residential care services is looking for a Senior Residential Childcare Worker to join its team in Milton Keynes. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced children’s support worker to develop their coaching, mentoring and organisational skills. You will enjoy a thorough induction, ongoing training for your continual professional development and regular supervision.
As the Senior Residential Childcare Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the effective management of the home, leading shifts and covering in the deputy manager and/or manager’s absence.
- Working directly with vulnerable children to help them regain their confidence and realise their full potential as young adults.
- Providing therapeutic care, with the support of the organisation’s therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals.
- Contributing to and implementing care plans, participating in reviews and other meetings as required and ensuring Looked After Children documentation is up to date.
- Carrying out domestic duties within the home and garden, involving the children and young people where appropriate and plan, shop and prepare meals.
- Supervising and offering guidance to colleagues.
The successful Senior Residential Childcare Worker will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in an OFSTED regulated children’s home as a support worker or senior support worker.
- NVQ3 Working with Children and Young People or Diploma level 3 Residential Childcare.
- A full driving licence.
The home that you will be working in provides long-term residential care for children and young people aged 12 to 17 who have challenging behaviours as result of significant abuse and negative earlier experiences.
This position will require you to work on average 3 long-day shifts and 2 sleep ins per week.
There are genuine, attractive long-term career prospects following your success in this position to progress to management within one of the many services and homes that this reputable organisation runs.
To apply for this Senior Residential Childcare Worker role, click the apply link online and send an updated copy of your CV today!