One of England’s leading children’s residential care services is looking for a Senior Residential Childcare Worker to join a team opening a new home in Letchworth.
The home will provide long-term, therapeutic residential care for children and young people aged 12 to 17 who have challenging behaviours as result of significant abuse and negative earlier experiences. Working effectively as a team, with the support of the organisation’s therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals, you will help the children regain their confidence and realise their full potential as young adults.
As the Senior Residential Childcare Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the effective management of the home, leading shifts and covering in the deputy manager and/or manager’s absence.
- Being responsible for a small team of Residential Childcare Workers, ensuring your team provides first class therapeutic care to the children and young people in the home.
- Completing regular supervisions with Support Workers, offering professional support and guidance.
- Leading the team on behaviour management.
- Working cohesively with the young people and other professional bodies involved in their care such as social workers, Independent Reviewing Officers, CAMH’s, Virtual Schools, as well as family and friends.
- Working alongside the therapy team to implement relevant interventions that allow young people to progress.
- Accurate report writing and documentation on a daily basis as well as risk management and positive handling plans.
- Organise and take young people out on activities as well as ensuring all health and medical appointments are up to date.
- Key working and providing support for key child in all areas of development .
- Attending senior meetings and contributing to the continual development of the home.
- Contributing to and implementing care plans, participating in reviews and other meetings as required.
- Carrying out domestic duties within the home and garden, involving the children and young people where appropriate and plan, shop and prepare meals.
Ensuring that all young people are safeguarded and correct procedure and protocol is followed when doing so such as missing protocols and OFSTED notifications.
The successful Senior Residential Childcare Worker will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable, recent experience of working in a children’s home as a Senior Support Worker.
- NVQ3 Working with Children and Young People or Diploma level 3 /4 Residential Childcare.
- A full driving licence.
This position will require you to work on average 3 long-day shifts and 2 sleep ins per week.
There are attractive long-term career prospects following your success in this position to progress to management within one of the many services and projects that this reputable organisation runs.