An exciting chance to join an organisation that continually strives to make a difference to children’s lives, whilst progressing the careers of each of their staff members.
As a Senior Residential Childcare Worker you will shift lead a close knit team of Childcare Practitioners to support 3 children with complex needs in a well-appointed family style home.
The home provides therapeutic, residential care to children aged 8 to 18 who have suffered severely negative and traumatic backgrounds. They present with challenging and risky behaviours and often have attachment issues. Each child has a bespoke package of care to manage those behaviours, promote the building of positive relationships and optimise their physical and mental well-being.
This position involves working long day shifts and on average 8 sleep ins per month. Within this role as a Senior Residential Childcare Worker you will have the opportunity to be fully supported and trained to progress to Deputy Manager and then a Registered Manager.
Your main duties and responsibilities as a Senior Residential Childcare Worker will be:
- To support the Home Manager in providing the best quality, therapeutic childcare in a safe and care focussed environment for the young people.
- When on shift you will have responsibilities for monitoring and supervision of staff and take responsibility for the day to day management.
- To encourage, support and guide members of the staff team.
- To be a consistent and caring adult role model.
- To promote and provide a variety of appropriate and stimulating activities.
- To engage, communicate, talk and listen to the children and young people.
- To observe the children’s behaviour and to promote positive behaviour and independence.
- To be the Key Worker for individual children.
- To attend Case Reviews, Planning Meetings and any other meetings as required.
- To maintain records as required.
The Senior Residential Childcare Worker will benefit from:
- A bespoke, week long induction
- Comprehensive training, both in-house and externally sourced
- Competency Framework training to clearly support career development
- Staff recognition programme where staff regularly receive awards and everyone is part of a community engagement policy
- Annual salary review
- Stakeholder pension
The successful Senior Residential Childcare Worker will have the following essential qualifications and experience:
- A Diploma level 3 or 4 in Residential Childcare or an NVQ3 in Working with Children and Young People.
- Two years, recent experience of working in an OFSTED regulated children’s residential service for children aged under 16
- Hold a full driving licence.