A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Young People’s Support Worker to join a stable staff team in a children’s home. The home is run by an excellent Home Manager who has extensive experience within children’s residential care. They will provide you with support for your career progression and a warm welcome upon joining this organisation.
The home provides therapeutic care to 3 young people who have complex, emotional behavioural issues due to experiencing significant trauma and negative earlier experiences. As a Young People’s Senior Support Worker, you will effectively lead a team in providing therapeutic care to help them regain their confidence and realise their full potential as young adults.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting, encouraging and supervising Support Workers
- Helping the Home Manager with administrative tasks, household management and team recruitment
- Shift leading
- Being a Key Worker for individual children
- Participating in care planning and case review meetings
- Liaising with other professionals and external agencies
- Working 3 long days and two sleeps per week which includes weekend days and bank holidays on a rota basis
Essential candidate requirements:
- Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare or NVQ3 Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Previous experience of working in a children’s residential service with children under 16 years of age
- High levels of resilience
- Expert at enforcing and maintaining boundaries
- Passionate about enabling positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable children
- Holds a full driving licence
This is a great opportunity to join a well established organisation and further your career. All of their care staff and managers are supported by the organisation’s own therapists, clinical psychologists, health and education professionals.
You will enjoy a thorough, two-week induction, ongoing training for your continual professional development, regular supervision and 12 monthly salary increments.