An excellent opportunity to work in a permanent role as a Support Worker in a home in High Wycombe, providing long-term therapeutic residential care to children and young people with social, emotional, behavioural difficulties.
Within this role as a Support Worker you will be:
- Supported by a great management team and training in therapeutic care.
- Joining an organisation who are passionate about addressing the impact of abuse the young people in their care have suffered to help them move on.
- Involved in the direct day to day support of children and young people, joining in with activities, coaching on life skills, and being a positive role model.
- Listening and providing emotional counsel to help the children build positive relationships to develop their self-esteem, and skills to keep themselves safe.
- Getting involved in meal times i.e. menu planning, cooking and eating together
- Completing detailed records, writing reports and assisting with the general upkeep of the home.
- Working on average 39 hours per week doing long day shifts which will include weekends and bank holidays and an average of 2 sleep ins per week on a rota basis.
- Upon passing a successful probation period, studying and completing coursework to attain a Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare.
It is essential that candidates have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working with children aged under 16 with social, emotional, behavioural difficulties and dealing with challenging behaviour
- Resilience, patience and empathy to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a close knit team in order to provide consistent support
- Full driving licence