An excellent opportunity to work in a permanent, full-time role as a Young People’s Residential Support Worker in Bedfordshire, supporting children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural issues.
Within this role you will be supported by a great management team and be joining a leading children’s residential care organisation that is passionate about addressing the impact of abuse which young people have suffered, to help them move on.
As a Young People’s Residential Support Worker your duties and responsibilities will involve:
- As part of a team, supporting, mentoring and educating children in day to day activities to develop their emotional and social needs
- Building positive relationships with the children to develop their self-esteem and skills to keep themselves safe.
- Joining in with activities, coaching on life skills to promote independence, and being a positive role model.
- Encouraging the young people to be involved with meal planning, shopping, cooking and taking part in mealtimes
- Undertaking a Key Worker role with s designated child
- Completing detailed records and writing daily reports
- Assisting with implementing, reviewing and updating care plans
- Assisting with the general upkeep of the home to include cleaning, basic maintenance and shopping for provisions
- Liaising with other professionals such as Social Workers, Therapists and Clinicians.
- Working an average of 39 hours and two sleep ins per week which will include weekend and bank holiday days on a rota basis
The successful Young People’s Residential Support Worker have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with children or young people with complex needs and challenging behaviour
- A full driving licence
- Have the resilience to cope with challenging behaviour and circumstances
- Available to work on a full-time basis doing long day shifts and 2 sleep ins per week which will include some weekend and bank holiday days on a rota basis
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care
- Able to work independently and as part of a team